Fees and InsurancE
- $150 Individual Session (Walk and Talk | Open-Air included)
- $185 Specialty Session (Postpartum | Maternal | Perinatal)
- $200 In-home Session (additional cost for services rendered 20 miles from SCV)
- $100 Handful reduced fee slots offered per availability
I am a contracted provider for the following health insurance companies:
- Managed Health Net (MHN)
- Magellan Healthcare, which serves Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.
For all other health insurances, I am considered an Out-of-Network provider. Typically, if health insurance benefits are PPO and/or have Out-of-Network benefits, a client can still obtain covered services by initially paying out of pocket and submitting for reimbursement. Reimbursement is obtained directly from the insurance company with a superbill, which I provide. The process to submit for reimbursement differs per insurance company along with the reimbursement rate. Precise information about this process and the reimbursement rate can be obtained by calling your health insurance company directly.
Important Information About Using Health Insurance Benefits
- Confirming health insurance benefits prior to starting treatment is important and recommended as clients are ultimately responsible for fees not covered or paid by health insurance. I obtain health insurance information as part of the intake process and verify benefits, but recommend that clients do the same on their end to assure their covered benefits.
- Health insurance companies only pay for services that are considered “medically necessary”. This means that in order to use your medical insurance for mental health treatment, you must meet diagnostic criteria and be diagnosed with a mental health disorder. Examples include but are not limited to: Adjustment Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression, Bipolar etc.
- Mental health diagnosis filed through your health insurance will go on your permanent medical record. This can impact your ability to secure health insurance coverage in the future as it may be considered a pre-existing condition.
- When your insurance is billed, health insurance companies obtain information about the type of treatment you are receiving and whether you have improved or not. The health insurance can also audit your records at any time they wish, which means they have access to your chart.
- It is important to note that if you a hold a high security clearance for a job, are seeking a military or federal job, a political position, an aviation position or any other job that requires health-care checks, your mental health diagnosis can be accessible.